Thursday, November 28, 2002

Valley of Self Demise

Valley of self demise

A selfless act, a wondering path, a child runs to her mother for protection once more, a woman begs her spouse to end the violence, a man rolls his sleeves to get one more hit in before he realizes what act he as commenced, an employee throws herself into her work to stop countless acts of wrath hands, a gentle hand brushes along the bowed back to caress the pain that has generated, a trapped state of coherences, forgotten places, trouble signs, screams running threw my mind… these are all the views of my self demise.

Waking in a cold sweat, shaking hands and a feverish head, twitching at the smallest beats, washing out the hate before touching a living thing, reviewing the bruises and scars before each daybreak, checking for blood spats against the wall, hand prints in the sand to wash way the memories, applying make-up to hide the marks, paranoia at every turn, closing myself off to resist anymore… these are all the views of my self demise.

Kicking and screaming in anger to stop, hearing the countless sessions of mouthing off, lay on the cement praying it will end, waiting for rescue as the fists belt down again, watching the booze be grossly consumed, covering my eyes for shattered pieces of glass as they fly by, letting the blood drip slowly off my face, counting the drops as they hit the ground in a rhythm pace, watching the evil pounce yet for another blow… these are the views of my self demise.

Watching the time pass each day, wondering when I will be able to walk away, looking at the past, recognizing the anger I hold within for the carelessness I allowed myself to guide in, slowly taking control of my life again, still hiding behind the chill of silences when alone at night, praying for the answer of how to return, deciding which direction to lead myself, following my screams in the dark, dreaming of a peace within my heart, knowing it will come eventually as I continue to wonder down the valley of my self demise.