Sunday, October 02, 2005

Woman Scorned

Woman Scorned ~

You said that you loved me
You said you would never leave
You said you never would hurt me
But you got your thrill in deceiving me

You never asked very much of me
You never temped me to go
Instead you let me find the door
To shut and never say more

You walked the walk
You talked your talk
You thrashed your means
To undermine me

You think you have won
You think you have gain
A persona of interests
A fracture of pain

You took your time
You continued on with your life
You were able to write the final chapters in your mind
Not carrying about anyone, or anyone else’s life

But one thing is certain, certain for sure
You misplaced your dignity and respect for anything except yourself
You carefully forgot that it takes two to make this type of mess
You forgot about the trust and all of the respect

You carefully deleted parts of your life
Placing the blame on the absences of selfish gains that came to mind
You bruised and shattered this woman scorn
Who finally got tired, fragile and walked out the door

Place the blame on who you will
Time is the only factor left to remain here
Was it you or was it me
Or was it that we just were to blind to see

PkS 2005 ©

2 comments:

Dennis Gruetter said...

Very nicely written. Nice to see you have comments back.

domestika said...

This piece really has the silver ring of truth to it. Well done.