Saturday, September 24, 2005

Rita Update 3

Update from Hurricane Rita NON-Central…

Well, 24 hours has passed and Rita blew threw with just a few strong winds and some rain but nothing to even get my panties in a wad for. As most of you know, I’m a huge fan of hurricanes and love these beautiful circular wonders. Reminds me of how no matter how far we advance in technology or engineering, we are still helpless and have to give in to Mother Nature’s glory.

Today has mainly been clean up day, most people outside taking down wood off windows, cleaning the yards up and putting their lives back together. For me, I had to wake up too drunk friends who passed out around 9 p.m. after drinking a bottle and ½ of tequila. I guess since we didn’t get the full wrath of RITA they made their own.

As of right now, the city seems pretty dead; hardly any traffic on the roads and it’s been over all quiet. My cell phone still can’t get a signal and most people in Houston and the surrounding areas are out of power. The news is saying that it could be up to two weeks for these people to get their power back.

But as far as me, I’m still just hunkered down; no place to go… that could be cause NOTHING IS OPEN!! And have been playing clean up all day, putting away stuff, and trying to decide what the hell I’m going to do with all this food.

Honestly, not to sound crazy (ok, yea I know I am), but I really was looking forward to at least some more action. Not in any means or way do I wish any harm to anyone or structure, but I was (in a sick demented way) hoping for something more than what I needed up getting. There were only two times when the winds were heavy and the rain came and went, but really was more like someone’s sprinklers on rather than a hurricane.

So as hurricane season comes to its end, we might see one or two more named however, I think this was the last one to hit any coastal lines for the year. And I yet haven’t heard one person mention on the news or any other media about the 22 year factor that seems to happen to the greater Houston region. If I haven’t told you this, here it goes…. Carla 1961, 22 years later, Alicia 1983, then 22 years later Rita 2005. All these were strong cat. 4 or stronger right before hitting land fall.

I find it interesting how in the 1950’s they started naming the storms. Anything before that, they just called them storms and the state it landed.

Who knows, but this is two years of serious action for hurricanes in the gulf region. I wonder what next season will be like. Maybe next season they will actually name A-W & on to the Greek (or is it Geekness). It’s possible!!

Anywhoooo…. So this concludes my hurricane update for the Houston area, I will now go back to my normal broadcasting schedule. For any other updates or questions, please forward them to http://www.idontgivearatsass.com/

Thanks for watching and Zotty out……

No comments: