Saturday, August 07, 2004

Only Time

~Only time~

Only time is what bounded us
Only time is what called to us
Only time mended our love for each other
Only time understood our needs to become a couple
Only time was our saving grace
Only time was our foolish embrace
Only time will lead us to our first kiss
Only time will let our depths endure
Only time will free our every whims
Only time will let us start the endless cycle again
Only time will give us a day without rain
Only time will carry on after we weather away
Only time will bring us both together
Only time is what makes us forever

Only my love for you, I can say these words are true, for you still hold the key to my scorched darken heart, but our love will never be torn apart.


PkS © 2004


Writers note: This is written while listening to Enya’s: A Day without Rain. This song is especially special to me, both for the lyrics and the meaning behind it I share with the man I love. Every time I hear this song, it reminds me of how easy it is for us (as in people) to get caught up in life and forget to just say thank you for the simplest things. So, in writing this out, I just want to say thank you for knowing that even when the darkness takes flight, I always know where my wings will find their light.

No comments: