Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Once

Once

Once I was happy to say good bye,
Wash my hands to it all and never think twice
I would just shut my eyes and think of all the hateful pains
You caused my heart to feel inside, beaten, tore down, mentally ashamed

The grief, the sorrow, the shame, the pain
The anguish, the torment, a sinking pitiful game
The destructive words that came so easily
The masterful glee you took from inside of me

I would think about the words said in anger
I would think about the childish behavior
I would remind myself everyday of how much you broke my heart
I felt like I was left to suffer, never to allow myself to restart

I would say things about you to keep me upset
Trashing your name so easily without a care or whim
Cussing you even when I was asleep
Kicking myself in hate at the mention of your name

Once I was happy to feel that way
Never worried about letting my heart get swept away
Once was a long time ago for me
It took years for me to relinquish the pain

As time moved forward, and I still stood still
I could faintly hear those words disappear
As time still marched as a parade took flight
I can now say, Once was another life time

You said those words, you held so dear
You said your peace, as you left my world
But once I realized that time will not stay still
I learned to take flight and rejoin the world

For now I’m glad you have move out of my life
I’m finally at a place where I can sleep at night
I no longer take what you said out of spite
I know now that you did what was right

PkS © 2004

No comments: