Wednesday, March 09, 2005

To the Man I Love







To the man I love~

I leave you with these simple words to express my deepest feelings, my faintest thoughts and the endless love that I feel for you.

You brighten my day each morning I rise. You place a smile on my face each and every moment of that day, even when I sit and think of all that we had to overcome.

You nurture me into taking my first breath each morning I rise, with an endlessness beauty I can see only with my eyes; that holds my heart in the warmth of your loving arms, even though they are thousands of miles apart.

From the depths of my existence, I take each breath to love you, to hold you, to cherish and honor you, no thoughts of envy, no thoughts of worry, just unconditional love.

I stand with both legs, knowing that you will be there to catch me if I should fall. I hold both arms out, knowing that your love will be what returns to me. I feel the warmth of your body when I stand in fear, knowing you will protect me from what may arise, dark or bright, your love settles me.

To the depths of the ocean, to the scorched rays of the sun, I know your love is sheltering me, from endless fears I try to protect myself from. From the darkness of space, the vast unknown galaxy we both share, I know both our souls and love are there to bond us until it should explode, holding each other until the end.

You always have kind words, even in your darkest hour. You can loose your temper, as we all can do from time to time, but yet time heals both you and me, and yet I’m drawn even more to you, each day, each minute, each second that passes. You have blocked the world that I do not want to see, to shelter me in an ancient love that has been between us for an endless amount of time and will continue to follow past this short life.

To the man I love, I leave you these words that can only show you the tinniest bit of what my heart feels for you.

PkS © 2004

“I won’t go, I won’t sleep, I can’t breath, until you are here resting her with me… I won’t leave, I can’t hide, I can not be, until you are resting here with me…”
Dido © 1999

No comments: