Monday, May 12, 2003

Matter of Time

Matter of time:

It’s been the longest time since you were around
You’re always still on my mind
You have not escaped me, no, not in deed
You are still the kind loving person that I will always need

You knew me from my shell
You watched me grow
You watched me share all my feelings and thoughts
Even my wonders and ponders of the universe
You sat back and listened
You listened so well
You were always there, maybe not in body, but defiantly in soul

I have not forgotten your sweet, lavish touch
I always remembered how kind it was
Your silky palm touching my golden blonde hair
Your fingers so soft, always gently brushing the rim of my face
With all the care in the world, you did it with such grace

You always knew the perfect thing to say
You never liked that old stupid word game
You said it with meaning
You let everyone know
You never lead me down the slippery non-understanding road
The simplest words, the fact that you meant them, was the most I loved
The freedom of your discussion is what I admired most
And the fact that you always thought of me first

I miss you as you can see
What happened to our strange wonderful thing
Where did the time pass
I wonder if you still see me as you walk down the street
I wonder if you can still smell the sweetness of my breath
I wonder if you still think of me as each day has flown
I ponder if you still want to feel me, caress me, or even so lightly just kiss me

I can only say that this is what I want
It’s just a wish, a dream, a little selfish fetish
But the only thing I know for certain
Is if it’s possible, even so slightly
It’s just a matter…
… A matter of time

~PkS
2002 ©